Friday, September 30, 2011

That it Happened at All

It has been two months since my last post. I re-read what I intended to post shortly after the previous one. It was entitled "Where I Am". I have decided to not post it, because it is a sin to lie. I am no longer in the same spot I was two months ago. I guess that is a good thing.

Remember Into the Woods? Yeah, me too. Auditions came and went, but not without tears and vomit and screams and intense memorizing sessions and belting and all of those lovely things that come with stressful auditions. I got the part(: 

For 8+ weeks of my life, I was Cinderella. I lived with a Father who helped me with the simplest things, a Stepmother that always made me smile, and two Stepsisters that couldn't have been more different from one another, but treated everyone the same. Even though my Mother was dead, she still spoke to me, encouraging me to be good. My neighbors were the best; a Baker and his Wife who were a living example of humility, a sad, young lad (we actually became good friends, even though his mother was filled with "drama"), a little girl with a red cape who was never afraid of anything (she learned that from her Granny), and a Witch that opened my eyes to the truth of the world, taught me that it is okay to do what you want, and showed me that you get what you give. I found my Prince... and his brother... and their Steward. They gave me hope for my future, that I really can live the dream I wish, and that its okay to goof off every now and then.  There was a Mysterious Man. I never encountered him, but his presence was comforting. My fellow princess, Rapunzel came along at just the right time. How grateful I am for her company.

...oh. Wait. 

That was me. 

I guess you could say I learned something from everyone in the cast. I can only hope I, somehow, impacted them as they did me. 

The show itself taught me so much. There is something for everyone to come away with. But that's another post. 

I miss them. I miss them all, but instead of wishing it wasn't over, God has taught me to be grateful that it happened at all(:




No comments:

Post a Comment